In constant pursuit of coffee and Christ

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Cries vs Replies

Oh the joys of moving. 

My house is a wreck, in a very productive way but, I hate it. Nothing stresses me the way an untidy house does. My wonderful momma has come to my rescue all week, helping me pack, watching Barrett, keeping us both company, and showing up with food and coffee. Today she encouraged me to escape the craziness and do my laundry at her house. I am so blessed to have such wonderful, loving, and supportive parents. 

Today's coffee mug belongs to my daddy. My parents were out perusing yard sales last summer when he stumbled upon this gem of a mug. 


My parents have entered the 21st Century (are we still calling it that?) of coffee drinking, so this morning I was able to chose from an assortment of K-Cups. I chose Gevalia, Dark Royal Roast, and have not been disappointed. I may be slowly converting from my stone age method of brewing a pot at a time... 


Once the decision to move had been made (something we had never planned on doing ever again), I found myself crying out to God "Father, you know the desires of my heart. I trust You. Have Your way". 

There is never anything you can say to God that He will not listen to. You can tell him everything and anything. Personally, I believe that there is no one better to pour your heart out to, to tell all your desires, frustrations, etc. 

That being said, there is a "better" way to pray. 

Of course God knows the desires of my heart, He put them there! 
- The good ones. Obviously if you're struggling with depression, lust, greed, etc. those are not of God and should be taken captive and thrown away - 

So, onto this "better" way of praying.

We all want answers. We all want the truth. We all want to be guided in the right direction, to be where the foundation has been set for our success and prosperity. 

We all want to be heard, sometimes so badly that we forget to listen for the reply . 

"Father, reveal to me the desires of Your heart." 

How often do we seek Gods hand and not His face?

How many times do we get all our needs and wants out in prayer, only to end the conversation there?

Prayer is a conversation!!! 

Conversation: the informal exchange of ideas by spoken words.

A blog or so ago I spoke of The Good Wife. In this message I talk about how Abraham had the faith required to climb that mountain because he knew God, a relationship that comes only from deep and honest conversation. 

Whatever you're walking through, take some time to listen. Read and meditate upon His word. 

The answers do not lie in our cries, but in His replies. 


"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11

"But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well." - Matthew 6:33

“So do not be afraid of them, for there is nothing concealed that will not be disclosed, or hidden that will not be made known. 27 What I tell you in the dark, speak in the daylight; what is whispered in your ear, proclaim from the roofs. 28 Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell. 29 Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground outside your Father’s care.[b] 30 And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered.31 So don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows." - Matthew 10:26-31





No comments:

Post a Comment