In constant pursuit of coffee and Christ

Monday, May 5, 2014

Servants Heart

Today's cup of coffee is being sipped from this beautiful, hand made, mug that our dear friends and owners of The White Oak Inn gave us several years ago. 


Not only is this beauty hand made, but locally as well. I encourage you to shop local as often as you can, for as much as you can. The extra money spent is saved in gas you're not spending and food you're not purchasing by going to the mall. 

Today's blend is Gevalia Esperesso Roast. Obviously I did not take the time to make espresso this morning, for this tasty blend, it doesn't matter. 

* Did you know that the longer a coffee seed (bean) is roasted the less caffeine it contains, but a cup of dark blend coffee (when grounds are measured by weight) will still contain more caffeine than a cup of a lighter roast? Why? Because, while roasting diminishes caffeine content, it also decreases the weight of the seed. This means that when you measure 1g of dark roast coffee vs. light roast coffee you are actually getting more seeds in the darker roast than you would in the lighter. That being said, most of us measure by the scoop full, which means that our dark roast coffee made at home contains less caffeine than a lighter home brewed roast would. 

Isn't food science amazing!


These last several weeks have been filled with so many new life adventures, with the most significant being moving with a baby. Oh my, I thought moving was a pain in the youknowwhat before! Having a precious little one to constantly be pulling my attention from the many boxes, bags, etc. flying in and out of one house and into another was challenging, to say the least. 

I have learned so much about myself, my family, my friends, and my relationship with Christ, over this time away that it simply wouldn't be possible for one blog post to contain it all. Well, ok maybe, but I do not possess enough free time in the day to write it and I'm quite sure you wouldn't want to dedicate enough time to read it all in one sitting. 

So, today I will leave you with one of the lessons that blessed me most. 

As a child wanting to be helpful to my mother I would often go and try to do things - the wrong way. My mom would look at me and say "sweetie, being helpful is when you do the things you've been asked to do, when you've been asked to do them". Apparently me drawing her pictures (which she was grateful for and made a big deal out of, like any loving mommy would) was not as helpful as picking my toys up off of the floor. 

To make a very long story short, I was given three weeks to pack up, what we thought would be our forever home, and be moved into the new place. Three weeks. 

Through this experience, what blessed me most, was the servants heart displayed by so many of our friends and family. Not only did we have an "army" of people spend their entire Wednesday helping me finish packing, loading and unloading the truck, etc. they did so without being asked. These wonderful, God sent people, heard what we were up against and said "tell us what you need". 

We are so grateful and blessed by the friendships and family that God has placed in our lives.

What a wonderful place the world would be if everyone would be helpful and fill a need

"Then the king will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.' Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go visit you?' The King will reply,'Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me'" - Matthew 25: 34-40


No comments:

Post a Comment