In constant pursuit of coffee and Christ

Monday, March 17, 2014

Lesson from a Coffee Mug




My coffee mug today was given by the vice president of my Alma mater, Kent State University, while I was employed by our student recreation facility. Looks pretty simple doesn't it?

Our lives are like this coffee mug.



You see as this, seemingly ordinary, mug is filled something very special begins to take place.


Inspire Me


As the warmth from the coffee (or tea if you so choose, but why would  you) fills the empty vessel, the message "Inspire Me" appears.

What I take away from the manner in which this little mug functions is that I, too, desire to be filled with warmth so that my message, my inspiration, may become visible to the world. 

I am still alive and functioning being empty and cold, but how much more meaningful is life when filled with warmth and comfort. 

For me, this warmth comes from the Holy Spirit, as He pours Himself into my life, as I seek Him. There may be times when I feel empty, drained, cold. He is always there, ready to fill me, warm me with His presence, bringing out the best in me.


What's filling you up today? 











2 comments: