In constant pursuit of coffee and Christ

Friday, June 6, 2014

I Will See You Again

This morning I chose my 'I love you' mug.


When I was somewhere around the age of 7 years old, my mom bought this mug for me while we were out grocery shopping. I was sitting in the cart, you know, up by the handles, and I dropped it before we even made it out the door. I was crushed, she could tell. Without making a fuss that I had wasted money, caused a scene, and made a mess, my mom simply turned around and bought the mug for me again. "I'll hold onto it this time" she said. I have very few memories from that age, but my first coffee mug... it's only fitting that I would remember this story.


To say the last eight days have been hectic would be like saying D Day was a cake walk. HOORAH! to all our active duty, reservists, and veterans. Thank you for your service!

*Thank a soldier. You will never regret it, they will never forget it.

All at the same time I have everything and nothing to say.

Within a 72 hour period I went from fearing for my mother, to grieving the loss of my grandmother (my mothers mother).

The grieving process is sweetened by the knowledge that she lives still, in the splendor of His glory, in Heaven. No longer suffering, no longer bound by the confines of this world. My grandmother passed with the peace of knowing that she was going to meet her Heavenly Father, knowing that, some day, we will all be together again.

Maybe I need more coffee (when do I not?), but I am so happy for her. Don't get me wrong, my heart is heavy for my grandfather and those she left behind, all of whom miss her terribly. She passed knowing that her family was happy, healthy, and serving the Lord. She passed confident in her relationship with Christ.

I cannot think of a better way to honor her life than to ask the following question

If your life ended today, would you get to meet my grandmother in Heaven?

Jesus' blood has the power to cover all sin, ALL SIN. When we ask for His forgiveness, and welcome Him into our lives, that blood covers our sin, giving us the key to the gates of Heaven.

"If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness."
~ 1 John 1:8-9

Lord knows I'm not a perfect person, but I have been forgiven by my loving Heavenly Father and have been shrouded with the Blood of Jesus. My life has a purpose and peace that is beyond my understanding. 


"Jesus answered, I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
~ John 14:6

"God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, Jesus Christ, that whomever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life"
~ John 1:16


 Jesus said, “I came that they may have life and have it abundantly” 
~ John 10:10

If you need Jesus in your life, if you're ready to be forgiven, if you're ready for peace beyond understanding, if you're ready for the craziest ride of your life, follow this link and click the blue tabs at the top of the page. 

http://peacewithgod.jesus.net/?


I love you grandma. We shall see you again!

No comments:

Post a Comment